Assistant Culinary Educator Description
Compensation: $9 per 1-hour class
Employment type: Part-time, Contract
Times: Monday 3-4 pm, Tuesday 3-4 daytime classes starting at 9am, Wednesday 2-3 pm, Thursday 3-4 pm
Who: Children grades 1st through 5th. Additional opportunities may become available for adults and teens.
Current available locations: North St Johns County near Julington Creek Plantation and north St Augustine in the World Golf Village.
Do you enjoy teaching, cooking, and healthy eating? Are you looking for an exciting, rewarding and fun opportunity with great team members and paid training? If so, then we'd love to meet you for an interview!
• The VegeCooking Club program offers day time classes, evening classes, and an after-school cooking enrichment programs to students in many St Johns County schools and other venues. We’re looking for outgoing, fun and extraordinary people to teach in our part-time programs in the St Johns County area.
• Applicants must be punctual, reliable, assertive, organized, friendly, enthusiastic, and most importantly love working with children in an educational setting and feel passionate about enriching their lives.
• Contractors will be paid $9.00 per class.
• Included in class duties are assisting Head Culinary Educator with administration of the recipe and helping to keep students focused and on task.
• Be passionate about the mission of "LEARN to cook LOVE your veggies"
• Be willing to be backup to the Culinary Educator if he or she must be abscent
• Applicants must have reliable transportation to the class location and again, be RELIABLE and punctual
• Candidates must view training on classroom management
• Fingerprinting, background and reference check is required
• NO use of single-use plastics (plastic bags, plastic wrap etc.)
Best-qualified applicants will:
• Have experience with teaching and classroom management, are assertive with children and are willing to offer structure
• Have experience working with elementary age children
• Have an outgoing personality
• Have a great work ethic
• Have a passion for cooking, veggies and kids!
• Be totally into living sustainably or into learning about it (we use real silverware in our classes!
• Have knowledge of or follow a plant-based lifestyle
Email resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.